Prepare for a career as a certified pharmacy technician (CPhT) in as little as five months. There are currently 300,000 open pharmacy technician positions in the United States, and this valuable healthcare career is expected to grow 20% between now and 2022!*
Build the foundation for a successful career as a certified pharmacy technician. The program provides you with the tools for a successful future–including eligibility and preparation to challenge the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s (PTCB) examination. We’ll help you succeed with expert instruction from dedicated faculty members with real world experience.
Pharmacy Technician Salary and Career Information
You will be well prepared to get the job you want and take the Pharmacy Technician Certifying Exam (PTCE). FBS teaches you the career skills you’ll need. The program also provides real-world experience through optional externship partnerships with CVS/pharmacy and Walgreens.
There are a lot of opportunities for Pharmacy Technicians:
• Retail pharmacies like CVS, Walgreen, Walmart, Giant, etc.
• Hospital pharmacies
• Mail-order or internet pharmacies
• Pharmaceutical sales
• Manufacturing companies
What is the average pharmacy tech salary?
The average pharmacy technician salary is currently $29,650. Pharmacy technicians who work in hospitals earn an average salary of $37,250.* Passing the PTCB’s Pharmacy Technician Certifying Exam and becoming a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) will greatly improve your job prospects in this industry.
1. Regulations for Drug Development
2. Drug Information sources
4. Pharmaceutical Dispensing 1
5. Basic Chemistry of Drug Molecules
6. Compounding of Sterile Products 1
7. Medical Terminology
8. Drug Classes: Prescriptions
9. General Medical Conditions
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Pharmacy Technicians as of April 29, 2014.
3,739 total views, 1 views today